This study will investigate:
- The spatial patterns and dimensions of the site;
- Biophysical interactions including the effects of weather, climate, geomorphic and hydrologic processes, bio geographical processes and adjustments in response to natural stress;
- The nature and rate of change which effects ecosystem functioning;
- Human impacts;
- Traditional and contemporary management practices.
The outcomes to be achieved from this field study by the student are:
- Explains the changing nature, spatial patterns and interactions of ecosystems;
- Explains the factors which place ecosystems at risk and the reasons for their protection;
- Evaluates environmental management strategies in terms of ecological sustainability;
- Evaluates the impact of, and responses of people to, environmental change.
Bate Bay from Wanda to Cronulla will be used during the field study
Excursion outline (docx 83 KB)