Place and Liveability
Program outline: Place and Liveability is a Stage 4 Geography fieldwork program focusing on the Key Inquiry Question of ‘What approaches can be used to improve liveability?'
Students will use the study site to:
- Locate and describe diverse features and characteristics of a range of places and environments
- Examine perspectives of people and organisations on a range of geographical issues
- Acquire and process geographical information by selecting and using geographical tools for enquiry
- Communicate geographical information using a range of strategies.
- Develop Geographic inquiry skills including:
- Acquiring - what is where?
- Processing - why is it there?
- Communicating - why care?
- Answer a fieldwork question ‘How can the suburb of Kurnell be transformed into a more liveable place'?
Key Inquiry Questions
· Why do people's perceptions of the liveability of places vary?
· What effect does environmental quality and access to services have on people's wellbeing?
· How can strong community identity and social connectedness enhance the liveability of places?
· What approaches can be used to improve the liveability of places?